Saturday, April 17, 2004

So, I've had this for three days and I've already failed to update regularly. This is a good sign.

Todays horrible article on newsmax is actually a paid advertisement. At first, though it was really terrible, I didn't want to do write about it. After all, newsmax doesn't technically control what ads they run, and ads definitely don't count as political content. Then I changed my mind, because if you look at the front page for articles, and you scroll down, you'll see ads mixed in with the articles. Newsmax is definitely trying to fool you into confusing advertising with content. So, I was fooled. The following link and everything in it was created by newsmax, and everything in it was newsmax's idea.

Apparently, John Kerry is a communist who hates America. You can tell because he's been in two pictures with Jane "People Like To Call Me 'Hanoi Jane' For Reasons That Are Somewhat Unclear To Me Because I'm 19 Years Old" Fonda, one of them fake. This seems somewhat questionable to me, especially because the main page of the store is full of articles about Kerry, all of which fail to connect him with any actual America hating or terrorism. Then again, the Vietnam War is in that fuzzy area of time too recent for me to have learned about in history classes, and not recent enough that I know about it from reading newspapers. So, for the moment, I'm going to assume everything that this site implies is true.

I want you to believe, for right now, or permanently if you like, that these accusations are all true as well. Jane Fonda is a communist America-hating terrorist. John Kerry, by being photographed near her, admits to sharing these qualities with her. This, while a good start, is only a tiny fraction of the conclusions we can draw. I've made a list to help you get started discovering the secrets of Jane Fonda and John Kerry.

-Jane Fonda is a bearded man wearing sun glasses
-John Kerry had the title role in the science fiction/boobs classic, Barbarella: Queen of the Galaxy
-Jane Fonda is out of focus
-John Kerry is a chubby, dorky guy with a peace sign on his hat
-Jane Fonda is a red arrow with "John Kerry" written over her in white letters that points to John Kerry

You can keep going forever! It's fun!

UPDATE:
Turns out that they write "Adv:" next to advertisements. They didn't the last time I checked, but that was a while ago.